Teen HOPE helps adolescent parents get re-engaged in a high school program, study for their GED, and get connected to college and career planning resources. Much of their work takes place outside of a classroom, buoyed by the program’s public health nurses, social workers, and community health workers. For instance, Teen HOPE nurses make regular trips to new parents’ homes to monitor the health of mom and baby. They bring safety items such as Pack and Plays and baby gates and help parents fill out paperwork for daycare so they can keep going to class. Since its 2012 launch as a Minnesota Department of Human Services pilot program, 214 participants have graduated from high school or earned their GED.
Motion will be collecting items through Tuesday, December 19 for donation to Teen HOPE and we need your help!
Here is a list of the most commonly requested items for the program:
- throw blankets
- slippers and socks
- lotion/self care package
- iTunes gift cards
- VISA gift cards
- dish sets
- cool sweatshirts
- bath towel sets for bathrooms
- backpack with fun school stuff for kiddos or college stuff for January semester (think planners!)
- arts & craft stuff, journals, gel pens
- cozy kids blankets (Minnie Mouse & Paw Patrol are big ones!)
- any toys that girls or boys might like!!
- board games for families or just kiddos
- coloring books and crayons
- laundry baskets
Donations can be delivered to Motion:
550 Vandalia St
St Paul, MN 55114
Thank you for considering a donation this holiday season! – Motion Team